I'd love to tell you I went to a tropical island for Easter break, but my vacation has been somewhat ordinary. Anyway, since I am embracing simplicity, I will share a few of the simple things I did.
1. attended an Easter Cantata at the church where I grew up and connected with some old family friends
2. celebrated Easter dinner with my in-laws
3. went to Great Wolf Lodge for some indoor water park fun in the Poconos, PA
4. Did i mention my husband "persuaded" me to go on something called a "HydroPlane" which involved climbing 4 flights of stairs, getting in a tube, and careening through it at break neck speed, getting airborne at times. My daughter, who was my passenger, said I screamed, "I'm going to kill your father!" but I cant be accountable for what I say under extreme fear!
5. puttered in the garden
6. got tricked into thinking it was spring, then it got really cold
7. froze myself at my kids' soccer practice
8. almost read an entire novel- I still have 3 days left to finish it.
9. getting caught up on Downton Abbey- almost done with season 2
10. cleaned out some random things in my fridge
11. dusted my curio cabinet with its 65 items in it-- that was no small task. I sometimes go years without doing it!
12. went to Trader Joe's for the first time
13. visited with my dad and step-mom
14. watched the movie Matilda- rather creepy. The principal was horrid!
(to be continued)